Friday, April 20, 2012

#46 Effie Trinket's Reaping Nails

Whew! Where did all the time go??? I'm in the midst of my exams now :( Taking a break and (finally!) posting some manis that I have done!


I watched The Hunger Games a few weeks back! And it was such a good movie! One of the things that I noticed first, was Effie Trinket's nails during the Reaping! (And that's how you know you're obsessed with nail polish!) I promised myself that I would try to recreate the look (but kind of failed!)

Effie Trinket
This is my take on her nails! I used OPI's Too Hot Pink To Hold 'Em from the Texas Collection. Its a super lovely hot pink jelly that applies well in 2 coats! I only used it because I realised that I dont have any purpley-shades (other than lilac!!) that I could use. And when the time came to sponge on the gold tips, I really gave an inward groan! I didnt have any cool gold foils in my collection either!!!! I usually avoid gold coloured polishes cos they really dont suit my skintone (I have OPI Rising Star and Chanel Peridot, and both are super unflattering on my skin!)

  Effie Trinket 2
So I did the next best thing. I mixed OPI Rising Star with Orly Shine! Haha! It sort of worked I guess? But this just goes to show that its perfectly okay to buy nail polishes that dont really work for your skintone because you will never know when you might need them!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment